[BRLTTY] Make sure Bluetooth is installed!

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 2 15:50:02 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

While going through a tutorial for the Alva BC640 I expect to get next
week I came to some stuff about Windows installing drivers. I'd been
assuming Bluetooth was on every Linux system, but just for fun I gave
the Ubuntu command:

apt-get install bluetooth

To my total amazement it installed stuff!

My system is extremely old: Ubuntu 8.04.4. Perhaps newer distros do
have Bluetooth installed automatically, but even if they do it might
not hurt to put something in README.Bluetooth cautioning the user to
check this point. On my system, for example, the hciconfig command was
present but gave no indication that Bluetooth, or at least part of it,
was not installed.

Just thought I'd mention it...

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll