[BRLTTY] Loading several braille tables

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Aug 31 07:15:54 EDT 2012

Shérab <Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org> wrote:

> Well, it's rather that I find it a bit a pity to have to have to make
> sure my personal braille table gets installed wen I could achieve the
> same result just by having several braille-table directive in
> brltty.conf...

Unfortunately I don't understand the problem:

As it now is, you can create a personal table in /etc/brltty and refer to it
in the /etc/brltty.conf if you wish.

Then your personal table can include one or more of the existing tables
provided by BRLTTY, so that's one extra line per inclusion in your personal
table file.

Under your proposal, you would still need a personal table for the new braille
code definitions, but instead of having "include" lines in the personal table,
you would have extra lines in /etc/brltty.conf.

I can't see any advantage in one over the other.

If you just want to merge two or more existing tables without adding entries
of your own, then maybe the right way to do this would be to propose that such
a table be included in BRLTTY by default for everyone.