[BRLTTY] brl_identify()

timothyhobbs at seznam.cz timothyhobbs at seznam.cz
Fri Feb 17 16:20:28 EST 2012

Hello list,

I am writting a driver for a set of open source braille devices which I am creating.  More about these devices <https://raw.github.com/timthelion/FCHAD/master/README>(I also have a somewhat untested firmware for the arduino <https://github.com/timthelion/FCHAD> . I would be MUCH obliged if someone with some knowlege of drivers/firmware would look over my OVERVIEW-FCHAD file and tell me if it seems like a reasonable plan.  I have NEVER done something like this before in my life.) (I'm done with the hardware, which turns out to be the easy part, and now I'm working on software).  My question is whether this documentation for writting drivers is up to date <http://mielke.cc/brltty/doc/Manual-BrlAPI/English/BrlAPI-6.html>  I see that it sugests I include a function brl_identify() in braille.c  However, in none of the existing drivers included with brltty is this function ever defined.  So now I'm not sure, if I should trust the example of the documentation or of the code.

Thank you very much,

Timothy Hobbs