[BRLTTY] I'm still unable to use the cut buffer from an Alva

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon May 21 14:58:09 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2012/05/21 at 12:12 -0400]

>>    Repeat keys
>
>Tested with both on and off. It's on now.

Repeat keys should be off with brltty. If a user wants repeated keys then that
feature of brltty (autorepeat) should be turned on.

>>    2nd Cursor Routing row
>
>On.

On is the best. That gives access to more functions.

>>    2nd Cursor Routing delay
>
>500.

That, I believe, is the default value. It's a good value so best leave it that
way.

>I've tried both long and short presses of the routing buttons not
>knowing which should work.

For clipboard operations, a quick, or short press. A long press gives you what
the key table calls RoutingKey2.

>I've also tried routing first, thumb key first, and simultaneous.

Press the thumb key, hold it while tapping the routing key, and then release
the thumb key.

Trying to do it too simultaneously may cause you to inadvertently press the
routing key first. Taking too long will cause the thumb key binding to kick in.
The amount of time you have depends on your autorepeat initial delay setting.
If autorepeat is off then you have as much time as you want, with the thumb key
binding only taking effect if you release it without pressing any other key
first.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html