[BRLTTY] Android app?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Apr 18 13:37:53 EDT 2013

[quoted lines by Mallard on 2013/04/18 at 19:22 +0200]

>Unfortunatley, I just tried, but when I activate BRLTTY and try  to
>open settings, I geta message that says: "Unfortunately bRLTTY has
>stopped".

When that happens, it's good to capture a log as soon as possible and send it
to us. You need your phone connected to your computer via USB to capture the
log. The command to capture the log is:

   adb logcat -v time -d >logfile

The "-v time" option adds a timestamp to each log record. The "-d" option
means to dump the log and exit. The ">logfile" is to redirect standard output
to some file as "adb logcat" dumps the log to its standard output.

It's important to capture the log as soon as possible after the failure as
Android automatically deletes old log records. Posting the log to this list as
an attachment is fine. If you're at all worried that the log might contain some
private information then, of course, you may wish to send it as an attachment
to a private message.