[BRLTTY] Vendor cooperation

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Mon Apr 22 06:51:06 EDT 2013

Jason White <jason at jasonjgw.net> writes:

> Mario Lang <mlang at delysid.org> wrote:
>
>> Manufacturers are still not writing their drivers themselves.
>
> There may be several reasons for this. Perhaps some of them just want to
> off-load the work. Perhaps some take the view that there aren't enough BRLTTY
> users to justify the investment. Of course, nobody knows how many users there
> are. Android can be expected to multiply the number of potential users, as
> it's installed in millions of devices at this point and can be expected to
> grow.

I agree with what you say.  It is hard to tell from the outside what the
actual reasons are.  From what I can tell, "they" seem to be quite happy
with giving us specs/hardware, and getting the rest of the work done for free...

I can also confirm that BRLTTY on Android is generating quite a bit of
interest from parties that did not previously care about BRLTTY at all.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'