[BRLTTY] Vendor cooperation

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Apr 22 06:57:44 EDT 2013

Mario Lang, le Mon 22 Apr 2013 12:51:06 +0200, a écrit :
> I agree with what you say.  It is hard to tell from the outside what the
> actual reasons are.  From what I can tell, "they" seem to be quite happy
> with giving us specs/hardware, and getting the rest of the work done for free...

Another reason could be that contributing to an opensource project is
not something that companies are used to, as it's very different from
the typical company process. It's not only even about administrative
things (working on GPL software), but also about human things:
discussing on an open mailing list, getting the code reviewed or even
rewritten by Dave, etc.

Providing hardware to get the support written is however something they
are probably used to.

Samuel