[BRLTTY] Hid Usb Handytech

ddf051.wolf at googlemail.com ddf051.wolf at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 22 06:58:00 EDT 2013

________________ Reply Header ________________
Subject:	Re: [BRLTTY] Hid Usb Handytech
Author:	"Mario Lang" <mlang at delysid.org>
Date:		22 April 2013 12:13

ddf051.wolf at googlemail.com writes:

> thank you for your long answer. The Basic Braille is the first HID device I got to know.
> I did not know that there are so many different HID devices by Handytech.
> For years I used a Supervario under Ubuntu and had no problems and as I knew that Handytech displays are supported by BRLTTY I didn't think of such a problem.

Manufacturers are still not writing their drivers themselves.
This is something the BRLTTY Team cares about in a sort of manual
fashion.  Some manufacturers let us know about new models in advance,
some just wait until we notice and ask for specs.

That said, I just contacted Handy Tech and they promised to send me
specs and a test model in a few days.
Great! I hope this works. I would like to use the Basic Braille under Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS.
So if anything goes right, you should see support for the Basic Braille
land in the BRLTTY subversion repository in about two weeks or so.
May I come back to you than for updating BRLTTY? I only used the preinstallt versions till now and didn't install any subversion yet.

--
CYa,
Regards  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕