[BRLTTY] Brltty install and Authentication error when calling brailapitest program

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Jun 23 15:45:43 EDT 2013

Siju Samuel, le Fri 21 Jun 2013 16:45:02 -0500, a écrit :
> It Looks like I did not run the command  "brltty -d /dev/pts/3 -bauto"  after
> "make install". Right now the authentication is going through.     But If I run
> '"brttly" again,

Why do you want to run brltty again?

> it adds one more brttly job  when checked with ps -A | grep
> brttly'.

Sure, running brltty again will start a second brltty daemon.

>   From the documentation I understood,

Which documentation are you referring to?

> inorder to invoke  brtlyapi_methods

Which brtlyapi_methods is this?  Is this Python, Java, or other
bindings?

> there will be having  server program running.

Running just one brltty daemon should be enough?

> Can you please mention which  Job it is  ?

Normally you should be running just one brltty daemon.

> And  with multiple 'brttly' command will it run that many server
> attached to many socket.?

No. Just like X, you have to tell the daemon to run on a second socket,
by using for instance brltty -A host=:1 (instead of the default :0), and
then you can tell clients to use the second socket by using
export BRLAPI_HOST=:1

Samuel