[BRLTTY] Interduction and question about reconnecting under android

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Nov 16 11:20:17 EST 2013

[quoted lines by J. on 2013/11/16 at 11:14 +0100]

>I got BRLTTY installed on my nexus 4 and
>connected to my BAUM PocketVario / SuperVario 24.

Are you using the apk that's available on brltty's web site?

About how long ago did you download it?

Is your braille device connected via Bluetooth?

>When my braille display is connected and I wait for some
>Minutes the mobile and the display go to sleep. When I wake
>them up within the next 10 or 20 Minutes, all is fine and
>they ar reconnected automaticly within some seconds. But
>when I go to sleep my self, and try to reconnect them next
>day, it's not so nice.

Is it possible for you to capture a log of what happened on your Android device
overnight, i.e. during the time that the problem must be occurring, and post it
for us to look at? If so, please set brltty's Log Level to Debug, first. In
addition, it might be helpful if you were to also enable a couple of brltty's
Log Categories: Input Packets, and Output Packets.

>Is there any other way, but go to (settings - accessibility
>- BRLTTY) and switch TTY off and on again?

That shouldn't be necessary.