[BRLTTY] Update firmware on Alva BC640

Joakim Nordell joakim.nordell at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 05:34:23 EST 2014

Hello all!

Sorry for writing to this list about this topic. I am sure BRLTTY does
what it should do and that this problem is related to the display it
selves.
I have found articles, stating that Linux support is not ok in
firmware version 2.8.1, but I have not succeeded the upgrade
procedure.
The windows software to upgrade BC640 firmware to 2.10.0 state that
e-touch keys 1 and 3 should be pressed and hold during power on.
Shouldn't this result in a question on whether to update or not as it
does on older firmwares?
Nothing of interest happens when I run the upgrade software. It only
states that I should be sure to have the power adapter plugged in, do
not disconnect USB during upgrade and so on. . .
Anyone that have ideas on how to proceed here?
Is the e-touch key combination 1 + 3 really correct?

Regards
Joakim Nordell