[BRLTTY] Queries on Navigation in Android

Rob captinlogic at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 22:00:45 EDT 2015

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:

>>That worked. But the block style cursor did not show up indicating a
>>text area. That's what was throwing me off.
>
> Sometimes, on Android, you need to long click a text area to open it.
> Maybe you
> could try to see if that text area is one of those.
Well, that worked. I didn't hear feedback from the audible screen reader
indicating that the edit had focus, but I saw the blinking cursor. That's
good enough.
>>Contracted braille is enabled. Since the send button is capitalized,
>>and since that takes up one cell, I actually hit the second
>>button--the one over the letter s--to bring focus. Just to be sure,
>>though, I hit the first button, too--the one over the dot six
>>indicating capital.
> It's possible that contracted braille is interfering with determining
> which
> routing key you're pressing. Could you try it with contracted braille
> turned
> off in order to see if that's a factor?
I turned it off. Here's the exact steps I'm taking:
Once in Message Plus, get into the compose message area, in the edit box
where your message is supposed to go.
Type something.
Use your go to next line hotkey to find the send button.
Hit routing key two, the tap or click button. All you hear is a beep; the
button is not activated.
I do not know if this is the case with everything on Android, but I do know
it doesn't work in this particular application.
Well, I did discover something else it didn't work with. On the bottom of
the screen are back, home, settings. Trying to use the routing keys to click
on any of these doesn't work either.
Are there settings in Android I can change to make Brltty work better with
it? I disabled swipe screen lock, because sometimes Brltty has a hard time
waking up from that. If, however, all you have to do is hit the power
button, Blrtty wakes up right away.