[BRLTTY] BRLTTY on Android

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Dec 3 14:27:13 EST 2015

[quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2015/12/03 at 19:41 +0100]

>While I am personally unlikely to use this feature, I know that it is
>being offered in JAWS at least.  In fact, I remember having to turn it
>off, because they had it enabled as default for new installations.
>Come to think of it, I seem to remember that VoiceOver does something
>similar on iOS and Mac OS X.
>This seems to indicate that there is a number of users around that would
>actually prefer this behaviour.

I think we have all the pieces to support such a mode. It'd be like using a
contraction table that simply translates each character to itself.

>When underlyining attributes in this new mode, we should include *one* space
>before stopping.  This is what I have seen in other screen readers, and it
>makes quite a lot of sense.

I'm not understanding.

also, given that different characters of the same word can have different
highlighting, it seems wrong to me to be anything other than precisely
accurate.