[BRLTTY] help with blind customer with freedom scientific focus 80 (i believe)

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Sat Dec 12 03:31:02 EST 2015

Mark Croft Redditch Linux Mint <mark.croft.lug at gmail.com> writes:

> Her main requirement is to get her display thingy called
> FreedomScientific Focus 2 40/80 , neither of us have met the customer
> yet. So i will double check on the specific model , i was told it was
> not the blue 80.

This model should be supported by BRLTTY.

> Person i am working for is not all the confident that linux is going
> to be the best solution for 99% of her clients.

I can imagine.  After all, she is *teaching* another platform.

> I am bit of up hill struggle too get her onboard with linux.  She read
> your webiste about quote from her email "The Linux website is very out
> of date as most of the Braille products mentioned are no longer used."

We support older models, that doesn't mean that we dont support newer
models as well.

> does brltty work well under windows?

I have no experience with BRLTTY on Windows.  Other people might be able
to chime in.

> will it make her focus 80 work in windows 7/8/10?

The Focus should be supported with BRLTTY.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕