[BRLTTY] BrailleSense QWERTY

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Dec 14 00:37:29 EST 2015

[quoted lines by Vincent LE GOFF on 2015/12/13 at 20:27 -0800]

>I have a BrailleSense U2 QWERTY.

Other people who've had the same device - but with a braille keyboard - haven't
commented on the four scroll keys not working. Do you know if only the qwerty
one has those four keys?

>Perhaps that's why it's interpreted as a Braille Edge.

No, it's being correctly seen as a Braille Sense. At first I thought that the
keys might actually be working. That's why I asked if it might be presenting
itself as a Braille Edge.

>I do have the /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices file, but I have trouble copying
>it.  When I use scp to do so (that's the way, don't know why I can't copy
>information from my VM), I get an empty file, although the original file
>doesn't seem to be empty.

It's a special file so maybe it's having odd characteristics. Try copying it to
a regular file first. If that doesn't work, try editing it, and then, from the
editor, save it to a regular file.

>A braille-parameter sounds fine to me.  If it's just something to update in
>the 'brltty.conf', that's simple.

Yes, it'd be that simple.

>Are these navigation keys used (under different codes) by the other
>BrailleSense versions though?

No, but their physical codes are mapped differently on a Braille Edge. Our
driver can handle that, though.

>I will send you the more complete log tomorrow if it's okay, with most of the keys I can find.  I'll label them precisely.

That's fine. Thanks.