[BRLTTY] Regarding Finnish tables

Eerikäinen Jukka (CELIA) jukka.eerikainen at celia.fi
Tue Jan 13 04:42:18 EST 2015

Hello all,

I am working on Braille production tools at the Finnish National Library for the Visually Impaired. We're using Liblouis, itself based on translation routines of BRLTTY, for translation. I noticed that the Finnish tables in Liblouis originate from or are based on the table(s) in BRLTTY, apparently from some quite old version.

My work is mostly focused on 6 dot Braille, but I am interested in the origins and current status (regarding both development and usage) of the 8 dot tables. Does anyone on this list know where the table for Finnish 8 dot Braille is originally from or who has designed it? Also, any and all information concerning use of BRLTTY in Finland would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Jukka Eerikäinen