[BRLTTY] Broken colour names

Aura Kelloniemi spammi.helevetti at nbl.fi
Fri Nov 13 04:26:30 EST 2015

Hello

BRLTTY nowadays displays colour names incorrectly with the Describe Character
command. This has been the case for a long time, I just haven't reported it.
This is probably due to some changes in Linux's console infrastructure, and
may have been introduced with frame buffers. It may be that colour names still
are correct, if BRLTTY is used on a system with a real VGA text mode as
console's back-end. However, I don't know.

I don't know either what the real bit-to-colour mapping is and I don't know if
it is affected by the number of characters in the current console font. I
can't debug this bug without sighted assistance.

Also, when BRLTTY is used with an AT-SPI terminal, Describe Character claims
that character's colour is always light grey on black. This is because BRLTTY
has no way to find out the real attributes. However, BRLTTY should tell users
that it does not know about the attributes, rather than lying to them, IMHO.

--
Aura