[BRLTTY] install gentoo with brltty 5.2, rev unknown

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Dec 11 12:58:02 EST 2016

[quoted lines by Charaya on 2016/12/11 at 16:39 +0100]

>oh and sorry for my bad english...

Even if you really didn't know English very well, that wouldn't be a crime and
is certainly nothing to apologize for. In any event, your English isn't all
that bad anyway. Now, if I were to try to speak your language, that'd probably
be a total disaster. ;-)

>My question refers to the first start of brltty from a gentoo minimal live cd.
>In the boot promt i write just brltty and there comes the brltty version (5.2)
>and it says rev unknown.

It saying "rev unknown" is okay. That just means that it wasn't built from
within brltty's source repository.

Are you seeing this message just in the system log, or also on your braille
display when brltty starts?

Which kind of braille display are you using, and how is it connected to your
host?