[BRLTTY] install gentoo with brltty 5.2, rev unknown

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Dec 11 13:48:12 EST 2016

[quoted lines by Charaya on 2016/12/11 at 19:13 +0100]

>I have a focus 40 blue from freedom scientific but an older one...

So it's supported.

>It is connected by usb.

Then it should be detected automatically since USB is the default.

>I tried to start brltty with parameters -b and -t

It'd be best to show us the whole command line.

>but im not sure about -d. I tried with /dev/usb, without /dev just usb and the
>numbers 1 till 4, but nothing works.

To have brltty autodetect any USB device (which is the default), specify:

   -d usb:

>It would be ok if i could use espeak as
>driver without braile but -s es isn't working to.

It'd be helpful for us to see the actual error messages. You can redirect
brltty's log to a file with the -L (uppercase) option. So: -L /path/to/logfile