[BRLTTY] install gentoo with brltty 5.2, rev unknown

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Dec 20 22:13:15 EST 2016

[quoted lines by Charaya on 2016/12/20 at 18:16 +0100]

>When i write something on the braille device or on the normal keyboard on the
>laptop, it not appears on the braille device. The cursor moves, but now leter
>is shown. What can i do with this problem?

Is the braille display showing spaces or some non-space character for what you
type?

>how I can read the screen outpout? When i use the keys on the braille device i
>see something (for example the root promt) but not the output i can listen to
>with speakup. Is there something in the preferences in brltty or not?

What you're describing shouldn't be happening. If no characters at all were on
the braille display then I'd suspect that a terminal emulation program is being
used. If I'm understanding you correctly, though, some of the characters (the
prompt) are on the braille display whereas other characters (what you're
typing) aren't. Is that correct?