[BRLTTY] OT: Talksback not announcing callers on Android

Shérab Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Thu Feb 2 05:08:47 EST 2017

Dear Henk,

Many thanks for your response!

> The appropriate mailing list to post this would be:
> eyes-free at googlegroups.com

Yeah, I discovered that other list and posted there, thanks a lot.

> The short answeris that this feature was removed, because it didn’t
> work on all devices.

Okay. May I ask how you got to know this? Because nobody could respond
to this question on the eyes-free list and I was not able to find any
release notes or change log documenting that point.

> Since it worked perfectly on Google’s own devices, I think the
> decision was rather odd at least.

I agree. Especially given that third party applications manage to
provide the feature, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be possible
for TalkBack to do it in a portable way.

> Your friend could try an app like shouter.

Okay, that's the app suggested on Eyes-Free, too, so I passed on the
suggestion, thanks a lot.

Best wishes,

Shérab.