[BRLTTY] Alva Satellite pro on Windows 7 64-bits with NVDA

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Jan 16 10:24:17 EST 2017

[quoted lines by Patrick ZAJDA on 2017/01/16 at 15:43 +0100]

>I have these message in the Windows Event manager from brltty:
>Error: "freopen[stdin] error 2: No such file or directory."
>Error: "freopen[stdout] error 2: No such file or directory."
>Error: "freopen[stderr] error 2: No such file or directory."
>Warning: "feature not supported: service ready notification"
>Error: "usbSubmitRequest error 40: Function not implemented."

These are all harmless, although the three freopen() errors shouldn't be
reporting this particular case (file descriptor not in use). None these errors
indicate why the service is failing.

I'm not very familiar with Windows. Might there be some other kind of error log
that you can look at?

>Warning: "Ignored Byte: 0D"

This looks like it might actually be coming from the braille driver aas Alvas
to send it.