[BRLTTY] Braille display, Narrator and Hebrew Braille table

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Sep 5 09:34:37 EDT 2017

[quoted lines by Moty Azrad on 2017/09/05 at 15:27 +0300]

>I didn't install Brltty 5.4 program and I don't see it in my program and
>features list.

I believe Narrator takes care of installing brltty, but have no idea where it
installs it. I don't have a Windows system, by the way, so my answers are based
on what I remember others saying.

>When I start Narrator, I see the line: brltty 5.4 and no more.

This implies that brltty is indeed already installed. Wehre do you see this
line (on the screen, on your braille device, in a log, etc)?

>I assume that Narrator uses that program but as I said - I don't have that
>program in my PC.

I believe you must have it somewhere on your system (probably buried within
Narrator's stuff, somewhere), given that you're seeing the BRLTTY 5.4 line.

>So What DO YOU SUGGEST ME TO do?

Are you referring to what to do to get braille at all, or that you already have
braille and would like to know what to do to get Hebrew braille?

>To INSTALL Brltty 5.4 or maybe there is another latest brltty program?

The latest release is 5.5, but 5.4 should be new enough.

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | The Bible is the very Word of God.