[BRLTTY] New Handy Tech display not recognised

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Thu Dec 12 03:18:57 EST 2019

Hi

I have tried to send a message to the list already, but it seems that something
is wrong with my E-mail setup, so apologies if it arrives twice.
I have got a new braille device that BRLTTY does not recognise, apparently
because the manufacturer did not care to request a unique USB ID. The device
identifies itself as "Handy Tech BRAILLE Star 80 Ver. F4.31" and `lsusb` show:

    Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 Serial (UART) IC

Would it be possible to add the generic USB ID to BRLTTY? I am using BRLTTY 6.0.

Thanks in advance
Sebastian