[BRLTTY] Does BrailleSense Polaris work with BRLTTY ?

Alex ARNAUD alexarnaud at hypra.fr
Fri Mar 15 11:30:37 EDT 2019

Le 10/03/2019 à 16:57, Dave Mielke a écrit :
> [quoted lines by Alex ARNAUD on 2019/03/07 at 13:33 +0100]
>
>> HIMS has created a new device called BrailleSense Polaris, does it work with
>> BRLTTY ?
>
> I've been told that it should, but noone has confirmed whether it actually does
> or not.
>
>> A user reported to me that it not works out-of-the-box with BRLTTY 5.6.
>
> I wish that user would've contacted us so that we could have a look at whatever
> the problem might be.

I've made a quick test and only thing I can tell is: it doesn't work but
the device vendor and id are already listed in the HIMS. See the output
of a diff of lsusb -v before and after the braille device was plugged
in: http://paste.debian.net/1073259/

>> In the 6.0 manual, I don't see this device on the supported devices.
>
> All that means is that we don't know for sure yet. We don't have the money to
> go out and buy every new model in order to test it. We rely on people bringing
> such problems to our attention.

I understand. Thomas in CC has the braille device and BRLTTY 5.6 on
Debian 8 "Jessie".

How could we help you to make the braille device compatible ?

Best regards,
Alex.