[BRLTTY] NavRowKey on Focus 40

S. Massy smassy at wolfdream.ca
Sat Oct 5 21:17:26 EDT 2019

On Sat, Oct 05, 2019 at 08:57:22PM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
> And, back then, we didn't have the capability to automatically generate, let
> alone easily manually maintain, model-specific key tables. in the even older
> days we didn't even have key tables - the bindings were hard-coded within each
> driver. I'm not sure where 2009 fit into that timeline.
I've been on board the BRLTTY train since 99; I remember those days
well. Your hard work, as well as that of others, has taken the project a very
long way indeed which is hugely appreciated by all those who would
rather be using braille, would rather be using Linux and would rather be
using free and open-source software.

> Can you give me a lsit of the controls that that manual says the model with the
> navrow keys has? Also, how many text cells, and (if they're mentioned) how many
> status cells?
The manual describes a Focus 40, so 40 cells without mention of
dedicated extra status cells. The controls described all match those
found on the 5th generation except for the navrow keys and what is
rather funnily named WHIZWHEELS instead of the separate up down
mini-rockers and dedicated single-press buttons found on either side of
the display.

Here is a link to the manual:
ftp://ftp.htn.no/prod/freedom/focus/doc/Focus40BlueEng.pdf

Regards,
S.M.
--
Sebastien Massy