[BRLTTY] NavRowKey on Focus 40

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sat Oct 5 21:26:40 EDT 2019

[quoted lines by S. Massy on 2019/10/05 at 21:17 -0400]

>The manual describes a Focus 40, so 40 cells without mention of
>dedicated extra status cells. The controls described all match those
>found on the 5th generation except for the navrow keys and what is
>rather funnily named WHIZWHEELS instead of the separate up down
>mini-rockers and dedicated single-press buttons found on either side of
>the display.

That'd mean at least firmware version 3 (at which point the extended keys
packet is sent). I hope we can tell the edition by the firmware version. If you
run brltty with -linfo (or, if you want, -ldebug), you should find a log that
looks like this:

   Detected FocusNN: cells=NN, firmware=N

What does yours actually say?

Also, if you know where the 4th edition manual is, could you please check if it
mentions navrow keys?

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |