[BRLTTY] Windows First Run

Chevelle cstrobel at crosslink.net
Sun Oct 6 20:34:57 EDT 2019

     I don't have Windows 7 any more.  I think one problem with Windows
10 is that the device driver fails to install even if you log in as
administrator.  I got around it by using run command prompt as
Administrator.  Maybe that should be added to the README file.  For
example, one way is to tap the windows key, then type comm to find
Command Prompt.  Then tap the applications key and arrow up and down to
Run As Administrator and press enter.  Make sure you hear the chime and
the User Account control Dialogue comes up, and answer yes.  Then run
the install.bat file.

There is another common method to change the permissions on the Brltty
directory, but I didn't try that.

I still don't have it working.  The message

BRLTTY 6.0 rev unknown comes up if you run 'brltty' manually.  n.  I don't know if that is harmless or not.
I may try more experiments later this week.