[BRLTTY] Windows First Run

Oriana Neulinger o.neulinger at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 20:19:20 EDT 2019

Thank you so much for your help so far! She is indeed using NVDA, and Jaws.
The Alva's buttons didn't do anything individually, so that's why i was
hoping to get some keyboard shortcuts... But it looks like once we get it
connected to NVDA she can find out what the buttons do, and a bunch of
other stuff, at least according to the NVDA users here (sharing link for
posterity... and my own later reference)

https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/topic/brltty_anything_new/32508993?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,0,0,32508993

What do you mean by enable the API? I'm assuming it's enabled by default,
right? What does it mean that "no-api off" is commented? Or do I need to do
things like run the api executable, create the key, uncomment the path to
the key in the config, etc? Does this executable need to be run every time
brltty is started?

Did we need to use the windows screen driver or will NVDA take care of that?