[BRLTTY] brltty suddenly wants unpriveledged user

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sat Jul 25 20:15:21 EDT 2020

[quoted lines by John Covici on 2020/07/25 at 20:07 -0400]

>The program kept saying executing as root and then it would say unable
>to switch to non priveledged user brltty and then it would say user
>brltty not found,

Yes, but actually in a mroe obvious order. First it says that it can't find the
brltty user. Then it says that it can't switch to the configured unprivileged
user. Then it says that it'll continue to execute as root. That's all good.

>endlessly.  What this has to do with usb, I don't know, but it sure confused
>me.

It has nothing to do with USB.That code isn't in a loop. It's only executed
once right when brltty starts. The only reason it'd repeat is if brltty was
dying (or being killed) and was then being restarted.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |