[BRLTTY] problem with preferences saving

John Covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Fri Jul 30 15:14:59 EDT 2021

Well, I found out a couple of things -- I just did brltty -L
brltty.log -l debug  and  I got some prefs which were actually
correct.  I then went in and out of preferences menu and found out it
was saving them in /root/.config/brltty -- very strange.

So, I killed that process off and started brltty normally, except that
I put log-level debug in /etc/brltty.conf .  Looking at that, it was
saving to /root/.config/brltty .  So, I killed that and just put
log-level information in the brltty.conf and now it started writing to
my system log where it was not doing that before.  It did also give
the strange message
Jul 30 15:01:24 ccs.covici.com brltty[1277175]: Old Preferences File:
/etc/brltty-hw.prefs

which is not there, but it seems to be working now.  Very strange,
indeed.

On Fri, 30 Jul 2021 12:22:31 -0400,
Dave Mielke wrote:

> [quoted lines by John Covici on 2021/07/30 at 12:09 -0400]
>
> >I did, no joy, nothing in the system log and save on exit is
> >definitely yes, but neither option does anything, it does play its
> >tune, but seems not to do anything else.
>
> If it plays the tune then it's saving (assuming, of course, that it's the right tune for that operation). Can you describe what it sounds like?
>
> Maybe use -ldebug to see if that reveals anything. If you do that, please send the log. It might be better to use -L/path/to/logfile to make it easier to get the whole log without missing anything. Note that the log, with -ldebug, will show which tune is being played.
>
> --
> I believe the Bible to be the very Word of God: http://Mielke.cc/bible/
> Dave Mielke            | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
> EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc  | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
> Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una
         covici at ccs.covici.com