[BRLTTY] 6.5 within a couple of weeks.

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Sat May 7 12:43:14 EDT 2022

Hi Dave,

Dave Mielke schrieb am 06.05.2022, 10:13 -0400:
>>But in case of using a keyboard for keyboard input, would it be possible to listen to all key presses to retrieve this kind of context?
>
>At the very least, I suspect that that'd noticeably reduce interactive responsiveness.

What would be the reason behind this? I see that each interrupt would need to
trigger an upcall to userspace. But that also works on Windows and seems to be
reasonably fast.

>Additionally, it's not clear what arrow keys are being used for. For example, compare how lynx handles them versus how an editor typically handles them.

Ok, I'm not using Lynx, but maybe for this reason. On W3m, it is navigating
line-wise, as in my editor. I thought seeing the position change of the cursor
would be enough, but that doesn't work when scrolling at the end of the
window.

Thanks
Sebastian