[BRLTTY] easy bar on el 40s reacting slowly

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Aug 13 09:32:54 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by =?iso-8859-1?Q?J. Sch=F6ber?= on 2007/08/13 at 15:13 +0200]

>Only trouble: the easy bar of the display takes about 2 seconds before showing
>the next 40 characters after being moved.

Are you holding the bar while waiting for the motion, or letting it return to
its center position right away? I'd expect a short delay after moving the bar,
but I'd expect the motion to take place immediately upon release of the bar.

>Is this a known bug of the debian package

There are no Debian-specific Papenmeier driver problems that I'm aware of. If
you're only getting a short delay when holding the bar then it's due either to
the initial autorepeat delay or to not knowing if you're going to let the bar
go or move it to its second position. If the delay is long or if you're even
geteting a delay after letting go of the bar then there's something wrong.