[BRLTTY] easy bar on el 40s reacting slowly

J.Schöber info at masterid.de
Mon Aug 13 09:50:08 EDT 2007

Hi,

> Are you holding the bar while waiting for the motion, or letting it return
> its center position right away? I'd expect a short delay after moving the
> bar,
> but I'd expect the motion to take place immediately upon release of the
> bar.

I am releasing the easy bar straight after moving and still getting the
delay.

> There are no Debian-specific Papenmeier driver problems that I'm aware of.
> If
> you're only getting a short delay when holding the bar then it's due
> either to
> the initial autorepeat delay or to not knowing if you're going to let the
> bar
> go or move it to its second position. If the delay is long or if you're
> even
> geteting a delay after letting go of the bar then there's something wrong.

The delay is long and as said present when having let go the bar again.
Typing is reflected straight away i.e the characters are present directly
when they are being typed.

If there is no trouble with the debian package I might not recompile but try
a natively running linux on my machine. That involves reinstall. Any other
suggestions?