[BRLTTY] easy bar on el 40s reacting slowly

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Aug 13 10:07:09 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by =?iso-8859-1?Q?J. Sch=F6ber?= on 2007/08/13 at 15:50 +0200]

>I am releasing the easy bar straight after moving and still getting the
>delay.

That should definitely not be happening.

>The delay is long and as said present when having let go the bar again.

The delay should also not be long.

>Typing is reflected straight away i.e the characters are present directly
>when they are being typed.

That's good. It'd seem, then, that the delay has to do with input. What happens
if you move the bar twice, i.e. movce and let go, then move and let go again?
Is there a long delay before each motion, or do both motions then happen at
once?

>If there is no trouble with the debian package

Brltty has many Debian users. A Debian user, in fact, was instrumental in
getting the Papenmeier Trio to work with brltty in our development stream. If
he'd seen such a problem he'd surely have told us about it.

Can you tell us which release of brltty you're using? There should be a system
log which has recorded this information when brltty was started.

>I might not recompile but try a natively running linux on my machine.
>That involves reinstall.

That's a lot of work. :-) I have no personal experience with VMWare so I have
no idea if its device support could cause such a problem. Are you connecting
the display via serial, USB, or USB<->Serial?

>Any other suggestions?

You could try running brltty with -ldebug so as to collect more logs. We'll
certainly have a look at any logs you send us.