[BRLTTY] lfs live disk and braillenote

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Aug 24 12:02:20 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by cody on 2007/08/25 at 11:42 -0700]

>  I would use that as a last resort. I am trying to do it this way because
>of the fact the course I'm going to be taking this probably won't be an
>option to do it over the lan.

I'm just referring to the install itself. You shouldn't have any problem at all
with brltty and your BrailleNote once the system is up and running, and, even
if you do, it'll be a lot easier to debug and fix. I think we're just dealing
with some quirk of that installer image. Will you really be doing that many
installs as part of the course? If not, i.e. if it's just this install that you
need to get passed, then a telnet-based install may be the way to go.

Also, is there any particular reason that you're using LFS? I, for one,
certainly don't know much about that distribution. I do know, though, that
other distributions, e.g.  Debian, have installers that work very well with
brltty.

>I was just thinking...I was doing some reading on grml, and I saw the boot
>command was
>
>grml blind brltty=type,port,table
>
>  is it possible I need to specify a braille table? Or should it work
>reguardless. If so, what table should i put. I would want US english but
>don't know the table code for that.

I'd say that you shouldn't need it. If you'd like to give it a try, though,
then, for US English, use en_US (note that en is in lowercase but US is in
uppercase).