[BRLTTY] The Baum driver should *NOT* claim a TSI display!

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Aug 27 06:51:12 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by Jason White on 2007/08/27 at 19:14 +1000]

>Unless Bluetooth looks to the host like a serial interface?

No, but Bluetooth doesn't provide immutable vendour/product codes. The device
does have a name, which usually includes the vendour and/or model, but the
problem with that data is that it usually can be changed by the user.  The
intent of this data is that you can easily recognize a device you've just
purchased, but also that you can then set it to a more personal name so that
your deivce differs from that of others. Bluetooth offers no way that I know of
to be sure regarding exactly which type of device is at the other end.