[BRLTTY] Contraction error: Caledonia

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Tue Aug 28 09:05:50 EDT 2007

Hello Keith,

You think you're a braille nerd? You should have seen the first time I wrote
this message! :-)

If we accept your contention that the e-a sign in Create is an error, then
NLS would have to revise virtually every one of its Web Braille books and
presumably at least the vast majority of its hard-copy ones. In fact I just
did a scan of my downloaded book collection for "create" spelled out. The
collection comprises 124 authors and I don't know how many books. I found
seven occurrences. They all came from Instruction Manual for Braille
Transcribing and appear in lines in which all other words are also spelled
out. Here they are; these must be viewed in computer braille:

pebble create middle succotash meddle
beginning ,god created the heaven and
created a crisis in the ,possum ,hollow
  #b4 ,since all men are created equal1
.government did not create the .states
of this republic4 ,the .states created
distingu`e prot`eg`e created a sensation

--
Lee Maschmeyer
<lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu>

"Be kind to your fur-bearing friends,