[BRLTTY] Final release of brltty 3.8?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Feb 15 15:44:28 EST 2007

[quoted lines by hermann on 2007/02/15 at 19:25 +0100]

>1. Running ./configure --with-text-tables so that I can include
>text.de.tbl, the result is always that text.nabcc.tbl was included. What
>does that mean, and what about my German braille table?

One of the (in my opinion) deficiencies of autoconf is that the configure
script it generates doesn't warn you when you use an unsupported
with/without/enable/disable option. I believe, in this case, that your problem
is that --with-text-table= is singular, i.e. you specified an extra trailing s.

In actual fact, though, you don't redally need to specify any configure
options. Just build with all the defaults (all the drivers, tables, etc. will
be included), and then edit your /etc/brltty.conf file to select your favourite
settings.

>2. More important: make produces a large amount of error messages, that
>concern the scritp ./speech.c (I suppose that it's a script), because a
>lot of line numbers with incorrect functions appear.

It's a C source file. Just knowing that you get errors isn't enough for us to
be helpful. Please attach a log of the whole make for us to analyze.

>I also performed:
>apt-get build-dep brltty
>and
>apt-get build-dep speech-dispatcher

I'm not a Debian person so I'll defer to those experts to be more specific. As
I see it, however, you have to decide whether you want to install your own copy
or Debian's package. You could end up with a confusing situation if you have
two copies of brltty installed in the same place.

>Do i have to perform certain commands to include Orca
>support for the new version?

I think you just need to be sure that you're using the latest development
release of Orca.