[BRLTTY] Final release of brltty 3.8?

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Feb 15 18:30:47 EST 2007

Hi,

Dave Mielke, le Thu 15 Feb 2007 15:44:28 -0500, a écrit :
> >I also performed:
> >apt-get build-dep brltty
> >and
> >apt-get build-dep speech-dispatcher
>
> I'm not a Debian person so I'll defer to those experts to be more specific. As
> I see it, however, you have to decide whether you want to install your own copy
> or Debian's package. You could end up with a confusing situation if you have
> two copies of brltty installed in the same place.

apt-get build-dep brltty means "install the build dependencies for
brltty", not "install brltty", so that could be fine.  Now the problem
is that means "install the build dependencies for brltty 3.7.2" (the
current version in Debian), not for brltty 3.8, so what is probably
missing for instance is the python-pyrex for getting the python
bindings.

Samuel