[BRLTTY] Fedora core 7 & brltty 3.8

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Jun 15 01:49:25 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 12:26:25AM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:

> Is the patch I sent you a few days ago still applied, or are you using an
> unmodified brltty?

I think the patch is still there. I reverted the patch in svn after it failed
to make a difference, but I can't remember whether I recompiled after that.
I'll rebuild without the patch.

> >The following message appeared on the console and in syslog:
> >
> >Jun 15 13:14:49 jpc kernel: usb 2-1: reset full speed USB device using
> >ohci_hcd
> >and address 2
>
> Do you know which event this log corresponds to? Was it when you made the
> change
> to "autosuspend", when you first started brltty after that, or when?
As soon as BRLTTY started, and after recovery from braille display powerdown.
It's probably a symptom of the patch still being in effect, as the patch made
a usbResetDevice() call.

I'll rebuild, make sure the patch isn't there and test again.