[BRLTTY] Fedora core 7 & brltty 3.8

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Jun 15 02:08:28 EDT 2007

Yes, I was right, the reset messages were entirely due to the usbResetDevice()
call in your patch. It's my fault for reverting it in my svn tree but not
rebuilding afterwords.

With the patch removed and the power/autosuspend configuration changed, BRLTTY
starts normally, with no warning logs.

I suppose the next step is to write a function that test for the
power/autosuspend file before opening the USB device, and turns off
autosuspend if that file is found - unless there's an API call that has the
same effect.

Would you call it just from drivers for devices known to have this issue, or
implement it across the board? I think I would favour the first option.

When there's a patch I'll be sure to test it.