[BRLTTY] Braille keyboard layout

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Mon Jun 18 02:58:20 EDT 2007

Dear all,

First: thanks a lot to those of you who have already contributed to this
thread.

Nicolas Pitre :
> That makes some sense, although I fear I personally would find such a
> configuration rather impossible to use.  My primary use for a braille
> display is to read (and write) source code.  So I end up going back and
> forth in both direction rather often, probably much more than
> continuously reading the next window.  If the next and prev window keys
> were not to be oriented with the actual movement of the braille window I
> think it would be much more confusing.

The orientation of the keys was preserved on the keyboard I was talking
about: simply, both previous and next window keys were located at the
beginning of the display. Thus, the layout was as follows, from left to
right:
previous windor, next window, braille display
(everything aligned).

Sébastien.