[BRLTTY] Status cells: Isn't there one too many cells?

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Thu Dec 4 11:01:27 EST 2008

"Lee Maschmeyer" <lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu> writes:

> I have an Alva abt340. It has 3 hardware status cells. But brltty gives
> choices for 4 cells. The 4th one is set to end. I set it to windows
> indicator 2 cells, and the next time I went to the preferences menu it lists
> choices for 5 cells, and so on; right now it lists choices for 7!

The "End" item is not a status cell type, it indicates that the list
of status cells *ends* here.  Its the end-of-list item.

> On my PAC Mate display when I turn status cells on I have it set to 3 status
> cells but it lists choices for 4 of them.

Again, the "End" item is no real item, it just indicates to you that
the list of status cell indicators ends here.  If you want a longer list,
you set the "End" item to something else, and yet another "End" is
added to the end of the list.  If you want to shorten the list, you set
the last real status cell indicator to "End" and get a one item
shorter list.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'