[BRLTTY] Key echo in SD

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Thu Nov 27 10:51:57 EST 2008

On 27.11.2008 at 14:35:29 Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:

> [quoted lines by Hermann on 2008/11/27 at 15:12 +0000]
>
>>What Jan reports, is the very same I've reported before.
>
> Well, then, let's try to figure it out. It'll take some help from SD people,
> though, since I'm certain that brltty is doing the right things.
>
>>Jan is a core member of the SD team, so there's no need to forward
>>messages on that subject to the SD mailing list.
>
> Then maybe he can help us figure this out. Here's what brltty does. It uses
> spd_sayf() for lines, and it uses spd_char() for key echo. You can check out
> the actual code by looking at the spk_say() function in
> SpeechDrivers/SpeechDispatcher/speech.c. Perhaps Jan, with this knowledge, can
> help us debug the problem.

One addition: It used to work until a few weeks ago, and as I observed
it, it changes after a system upgrade. This happened in GRML as well as
in Ubuntu Gutsy. I've no idea which component may have caused this, but I
think that SD is not the cause of this. I use the 0.6.7 version since it
was released, and it used to work with this version for several weeks.
Hermann