[BRLTTY] braille doesn't work at all under Ubuntu 8.04.1

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Sep 3 20:48:23 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Labrador on 2008/09/03 at 22:41 +0200]

>But when I put "usb:" asis without quotes in brltty.conf, Ubuntu still asks
>me for pressing S / U / B / X while booting up,

I don't use Ubuntu so I don't know what it looks for to know not to present the
prompt.

>hm a very annoying problem for a blind person.

Especially if it then proceeds to write out a bad braille-device record again.

>> You'll note above that I worte usb: in lowercase. While the device
>>qualifier
>> isn't case sensitive these days, it's possible that it used to be. Please
>>try
>> specifying usb: in lowercase to see if that works.
>
>Yes, I confirm.

Are you confirming that it's case sensitive or that it's not case sensitive?
What happens if you specify USB: (uppercase)?

>puting another translation table in my config, no one line about it...

Which table? You can specify the table with either the -t option or the
text-table line in brltty.conf.