[BRLTTY] Shouldn't system requirements be in top-level directory?

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Wed Sep 10 11:28:02 EDT 2008

Lee Maschmeyer, le Fri 05 Sep 2008 09:47:21 -0400, a écrit :
> I think they need to be put into some kind of install file in the
> top-level directory, either at the beginning of README or somewhere
> equally obvious and accessible.

The problem is that the actual names of the packages you need to install
depend a lot on your distribution, whether it is RedHat, Debian, cygwin,
solaris, DOS, ... And even then, which precise packages you need depend
on which features you want, etc. and it becomes really difficult to
cover everything. In the case of ubuntu, you can just run "apt-get
build-dep brltty" and apt-get will install whatever is used to build the
Ubuntu brltty package.

samuel