[BRLTTY] Orca crash with grade 2 and latest versions of brltty and liblouis

Peter Torpey ptorpey at rochester.rr.com
Mon Jun 29 17:01:24 EDT 2009

Hi,

In Ubuntu 9.04, I am running the following:

Orca Version 2.27.4PRE

Liblouis 1.6.2

Brltty 4.0

I carefully followed the install for each of these packages (several
times!).

The problem is that when I select grade 2 output under the Orca Preferences
/ Braille, Orca crashes.

When starting Orca with the grade 2 option I get the following error
message:

BrlAPI exception: Invalid packet on Write request of size 109 (76 00 00 00
00 00 00 01 00 00 00 28 00 00 00 2b) You may wish to add the -ldebug option
to the brltty command line in order to get additional information in the
system log

Note: When grade 2 is not selected, Orca speech (using gnome-speech and IBM
ViaVoice) works fine, and I get (grade 1) output to my PacMate braile
display (connected via USB).

Any suggestions for fixing this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--Pete