[BRLTTY] Patch: UEB grade2 "cc" contraction

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 9 19:40:13 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 05:27:25PM +1100, Jason White wrote:
> Daniel Dalton <d.dalton at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>
> > I'm sure; my braille note when using ueb braille code shows cc as a
> > lower c. I don't know of a website, sorry...
>
> I wouldn't rely on what your Braille Note does. You need to read the UEBC

Why not? Surely they would have consulted the UEB rules documentation
when implementing this braille code on the device?

> http://www.iceb.org/ueb.html

Thanks, unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to go through this
although took a quick glance... So I guess it's up to Dave: rely on the
info I've provided or others can provide, and commit, or leave it until
I or someone else has time to read through the braille rules!

> I don't use UEBC, so I can't help any further.

Jason, didn't Australia adopt this as our nashinal code though? How are
you keeping up to date with braille books and other braille material you
may receive? Surely this would be an important code for a blind
Australian resident to know?

BTW, which code do you use out of curiosity?

Cheers,

Daniel.