[BRLTTY] INKA oddities

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Sun Mar 22 02:28:11 EDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 02:23:53PM +1100, Jason White wrote:

> The Brailliant is currently packed in a box on the assumption that it's about
> to head to Sydney to have its cells cleaned. If that doesn't eventuate, I'll

There isn't such a service available in Melbourne?

> Despite all of my efforts at keeping my hands as clean as possible, grease and
> dust still manage to build up under the cell caps after several years of
> every-day usage.

True, I guess it's not possible to clean with out pulling the device
apart? Is there any cleaning of the device that should be undertaken by
the user on a regular basis?

I always make sure my hands are clean before using the display for this
reason, although I'm sure mine probably needs a good clean... One of the
dots is a bit low eg. it doesn't rise fully, so I dunno... :)